Metropcs - The TRUTH about Metro PCS....

I see a lot of people carrying on about how horrible Metro PCS is. Well I work for a Metro PCS in Connecticut and am here to let everyone know about how things are SUPPOSED to work.

1)Return Policy: As long as the phone is UNDER 60 minutes TALK time and LESS than 7 days old with no water or physical damage you should receive all of your money back (for the phone and the plan) NO QUESTIONS ASKED. THERE IS NO RESTOCKING FEE. You can text and use data plan as much as you want but if you go over the 60 minutes talk time or bring the phone back after the 7 days it's yours. I found out recently that the day your purchase your phone is considered day one. So if you purchase on a Monday you have until Sunday to return it. METRO PCS DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO RETURN ACCESSORIES so I would make sure the service is adequate before purchasing.

2)Bill payment. The day you purchase your phone is considered your anniversary date. The bill will be due the day before you purchased your phone. For example if you buy the phone on 5/4/2011 your bill date will be 6/3/2011 and it will be due every 3rd thereafter. If you don't pay your bill on the 3rd it will go off at about 11 am (eastern standard). If you pay from 6/4-6/9 YOU STILL HAVE TO PAY YOUR BILL ON 7/3. HOWEVER if you come in on 6/10 you can do what is called a bill cycle reset. Basically you pay an additional $5 on top of whatever your bill is and (for the sake of argument) your next bill due date would be 7/10, giving you the full 30 days of service.

These are ALL things they should be telling you and if not I do apologize. I care a great deal about my customers' satisfaction and Metro PCS as well. If you have any other questions please leave your email down below and I will answer anything else you would like to know about Metro PCS. We need to have our name restored. And the only way to do that is by informing the public about these things. I wish you all the best and if you are ever in Connecticut and need service I am here and will do all I can (within reason) to make you happy.

Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 87 Yes 87 187 No 187
Had the same issue 41 Yes 41
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 01 #1206858

What if I pay early? Will it then change me due date to the day I pay. I would like to change the day mine is due to an early date.

1 0 Reply

Aug 22 #1202426 Jamaica, New York

If my service is cut off can people still leave voicemails and will I get them when I pay my bill or do I lose them? Does the text messages stay or do I lose them too? Thanks.

Aug 18 #1200947

If I am prepaid why do I owe last month if I did not have the service? That why I am prepaid now my bill says I owe 2 months

2 0 Reply

Aug 13 #1198627 Boston, Massachusetts

How ol do u have to be to get a phone in metro because I'm 15 and I want a phone and if I go I'm gonna look ***

Nate

Aug 07 #1195953 San Antonio, Texas

Man, you ain't kidding about them no messin around with the billing or lack of payment. I JUST got paid and was planning on paying online the following day since I work late. sure enough I wake up bright and early and my service was suspended! I'm like wtf?! so now instead of paying online, can't very well access my account to do so i have to take the bus and walk all the way down to the store which is pretty far from me to make the payment in person, which I can't do until my next day off!! I mean seriously, don't they allow people grace periods anymore merely for those type of extenuating circumstances that happen beyond our control, even with intent. what a bunch of tighta*&@%! jeez give me a chance to pay it, not everyones payday falls on the 1st or 6th of every month. so for now I have to rely on the sh_tty wifi connections. I think I'm just going to look elsewhere if this is how they're going to be about it. never had this issue with verizon or sprint. they at least gave you 5 days to pay after the fact.

Aug 06 #1195458 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

My email is sjacobo32704@gmail.com and I have a question about my bill it's due today but I was wondering if they will give me a extension

Apr 26 #1150045

Nvm .

Apr 26 #1150043

What if i pay for two months instead of just one month . who i still have to pay for the next payment of my phone bill

cinvowell

Mar 24 #1133033 Southgate, Michigan

I'm trying to find out who to talk to to help me. I have gotten a run around all year long. Last year just before the switch to a new system my phone died and I had to buy another. This was during the time that Metro PCS was offering a discount for customers that had phones with the old system. I had a LG Spirit, one of the phones on their list. When I bought a phone the sales rep never told me that the discount was available. I had to find out about it from a friend a week after I purchased my phone. They gave me a form to send in that was suppose to correspond with a rebate listed on line. The form was wrong. It was for on line purchases only. I got the form back but I never got my upc back (I'm not blaming the rebate center, they did their job correctly according to their rules.). The phone was defective. I brought it back the next day and was told I couldn't return it. There wasn't 60 minutes of talk time on it. It didn't work long enough for me to talk for 60 minutes. they allowed me to exchange it for the same model. The second one had a different defect as did the third one. The last defective one I was told I couldn't exchange it and for a high fee they can send it in for repairs. This was 1 month and 1 day later. They basically refused to help and acted like I should just go away. I later was told that there is a 3 month warranty during which the phone can be exchanged. I was lied to about the rebate, about the returns and about the warranty. I... Show more

Mar 08 #1123821

I bought a phone from metro pcs online yesterday before 3pm they never took the money and never sent me my confirmation email an when I try to check the status of my order it says my order is non existing basically but they have me order number when I checked out

Mar 08 #1123758

I bought a phone from metro pcs online yesterday before 3 pm and never received a confirmation number and they never took the money and when I tried to track the status it said know order matched my search

Monalisa

Mar 06 #1123146 Brooklyn, New York

I started service 0n February 17, 2016 and paid upfront cash for the phone and paid also for the full month of service. But the next day they send me a message that i have 0 balance. And then another message that i have a balance. I paid $256.00 on my visa card. But when i called customer service, I am told that i paid only 80 dollars cash. I never paid cash.And they could not find trace of my payment of256 dollars. I believe the store agent stole my money. Please tellme what todo

Mar 05 #1122482

Your best bet is to leave metro pcs even Verizon prepaid service isn't this bad nor is T-Mobile leave these scam artist

0 1 Reply

Feb 21 #1115281

What if you dont pay the bill for 2 months ? Are you off metro pcs record ?

Jan 28 #1102486

Does unused data carry over to the next month? Also when I buy a data top off it disappears so fast but my data usage grid still says I have a lot left ( in the top off area)
It confuses me.

8 6 Reply

Jan 27 #1101604

Upgraded plan while on 30 dollar plan. Phone was turned off. Do I owe any difference in plan costs?

Wanda

Jan 14 #1094261 Detroit, Michigan

Can a bill be paid four days before the due date

Jan 12 #1093585

hoppeldaniel@gmail.com if it says my bill is due on the 14th does that mean I can pay it on the 14 without it getting shut off?

Jan 11 #1092623

My phone has been cut off since the 18 of December i was gone pay bill on the 18 of January usually my bill is $43 on January 11 i received a message saying i will have to pay $80 by January the 18 why has my payment went up . Email aaustin1526@gmail.com

0 1 Reply
Titiantree

Jan 12 #1093132 Morrisville, Vermont

You got that text because your bill is ~40 dollars. You pay 43, which sounds like you pay in person (with that dreaded 3 dollar fee to pay in person, easily dodged by paying online). The text you received on the 11th said that you owed 80 dollars because it's calculating for the month you didn't pay (December 18th - January 18th). Even though you didn't use December to January you still have to pay for it. Here's why:
MetroPCS is a no contract service that you pay as you go. While it is technically a pre-paid service, it is not traditional in the sense that it doesn't let you "buy minutes" whenever you want to. You pay per month, and if you don't pay then your service gets turned off. If you don't pay for ~30-60 days, then your account automatically cancels. One thing you could do is reset your billing cycle (which'll only be an extra 5 dollars) and only pay ~48 for your month, then have your billing cycle set to the day you pay. You'd also get a full month of service after you did that and wouldn't have to worry about paying again on the 18th.
We recommend that customers ask us about situations like these so we can give them the right recommendations and to clear confusion. Don't be afraid to talk to one of us!

1-20 of 145 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Metropcs. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Metropcs.
Filing a new complaint about
×