Metropcs - The TRUTH about Metro PCS....

644 of 702 Metropcs reviews

I see a lot of people carrying on about how horrible Metro PCS is. Well I work for a Metro PCS in Connecticut and am here to let everyone know about how things are SUPPOSED to work.

1)Return Policy: As long as the phone is UNDER 60 minutes TALK time and LESS than 7 days old with no water or physical damage you should receive all of your money back (for the phone and the plan) NO QUESTIONS ASKED. THERE IS NO RESTOCKING FEE. You can text and use data plan as much as you want but if you go over the 60 minutes talk time or bring the phone back after the 7 days it's yours. I found out recently that the day your purchase your phone is considered day one. So if you purchase on a Monday you have until Sunday to return it. METRO PCS DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO RETURN ACCESSORIES so I would make sure the service is adequate before purchasing.

2)Bill payment. The day you purchase your phone is considered your anniversary date. The bill will be due the day before you purchased your phone. For example if you buy the phone on 5/4/2011 your bill date will be 6/3/2011 and it will be due every 3rd thereafter. If you don't pay your bill on the 3rd it will go off at about 11 am (eastern standard). If you pay from 6/4-6/9 YOU STILL HAVE TO PAY YOUR BILL ON 7/3. HOWEVER if you come in on 6/10 you can do what is called a bill cycle reset. Basically you pay an additional $5 on top of whatever your bill is and (for the sake of argument) your next bill due date would be 7/10, giving you the full 30 days of service.

These are ALL things they should be telling you and if not I do apologize. I care a great deal about my customers' satisfaction and Metro PCS as well. If you have any other questions please leave your email down below and I will answer anything else you would like to know about Metro PCS. We need to have our name restored. And the only way to do that is by informing the public about these things. I wish you all the best and if you are ever in Connecticut and need service I am here and will do all I can (within reason) to make you happy.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 90 Yes 90 187 No 187
Had the same issue 43 Yes 43
644 of 702 Metropcs reviews

1 hour ago #1294583

I paid 20 extra on my bill on accident. If I go to the metro PCs store will I be able to get the 20 back?

Feb 18 #1290296

So if my bill is due on 2/23 and I can't pay it until the nest day. It won't cost more?

1 hour ago #1294592

No it won't.

Sadik

Feb 08 #1283390 Houston, Texas, United States

I'm leaving out of the country for three or four months, can I pay now for only five or ten days but not for whole month, thanks.

Really

Feb 07 #1282521

My service totally sucks. I've only had service since Oct/Nov. It's been nonstop phone calls to CSV department. My phone roams when I'm in the mall. It shuts off my wifi until It can find another network. I'm like ( Really). Omgoodness the dropped calls are redurn-diculous. I have had different amounts due and the extra fees for changing or adding services are absolutely breathtakingly unreal. Someone needs to start a class action lawsuit.

Dec 10, 2016 #1253473

I paid my bill got the txt saying thank you I was a couple hours late to pay bill so it cut off due to lack of payment however have receipt plus customer service states they see payment however I can't call or txt says disconnected due to lack of service but my days on I've called all day and get same answer we reboot network or ext whatever but it's been all day no phone only days works can't txt or call what's wrong

Nov 16, 2016 #1241443 Fort Lee, New Jersey, United States

I had a question. My bill was due the 25th of every month but last month I couldn't pay for it. We decided to just pay our bill on the 25th of this month but we wanted to pay this month a little earlier like today the 16th instead. Will we be billed again on the 25th? Or does it count as making an early payment to our regular monthly bill?

Southern Belle

Dec 04, 2016 #1249962 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States

My husband was exhausted from work the day he went online to pay my phone bill from Metro PCS and accidentally entered his cell phone #. Well he immediately went back online and entered my cell # & paid with our debit card. My phone was immediately reactivated. But now his cell bill was due on the date it was set up for & they cut off his phone & did not apply his $41 that he paid 2 weeks early!! WTF?? I assume they are just going to keep it & it's our problem.

1 0 Reply

Nov 13, 2016 #1240227 Lewes, Delaware, United States

If I switched to another carrier oweing $90 on my metro pcs bill, but want to port over back to metro will I have to pay my old bill to get service again?

Feb 17 #1290017

Are you out of your mind? You stiffed them and expect to crawl back with nothing ? Puleeze !

1 hour ago #1294590

They don't ask you for your social security # so no you won't be charged. I owed 80. Switched yo another carrier...which sucked so I switched back but I used my married name.

Nov 09, 2016 #1238688 Duluth, Georgia, United States

Well I have an issue with my phone. I have a $40 plan for 3 GB a month. I got my phone October 4th and payment was due November 3rd. After paying though, my data has not reset to 0 GB though. What should I do?

8 3 Reply

Oct 18, 2016 #1228467

And what about data cycles? I pay my bill,and the data doesn't reset for days!?

mack

Dec 12, 2016 #1254129 New London, Connecticut, United States

Your data resets on the cycle date, not when you pay the bill. i.e. if your bill is due on the 15th and you pay on the tenth, your data won't reset until midnight at the end of of the 15th going into the 16th. Paying early won't reset your data earlier.

Oct 17, 2016 #1228321 Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States

What if you have paid it it in about month and the next th due date just pass. Do you have to pay two month or can you just pay the month to.have it. Turns on.? Again I'm so worried I won't be able tot urn it on Again

1 2 Reply

Sep 27, 2016 #1219119

I love the phone but is there a reason why my phone reacts slow and won't respond, It does the same thing every month! The week before every billing cycle!

Sep 01, 2016 #1206858

What if I pay early? Will it then change me due date to the day I pay. I would like to change the day mine is due to an early date.

2 1 Reply
mack

Dec 12, 2016 #1254132 New London, Connecticut, United States

Your due date only changes when you do a bill cycle reset which is another $5 and some change. This can be done by calling Metro PCS directly. It can only be done at a store if the phone has been off for something like 8-10 days. No one has the option to do it sooner because the system doesn't give them the link they need to submit it on a customer account.

Aug 22, 2016 #1202426 Jamaica, New York, United States

If my service is cut off can people still leave voicemails and will I get them when I pay my bill or do I lose them? Does the text messages stay or do I lose them too? Thanks.

1-20 of 168 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.