Groton, Connecticut
24.4K views 176 comments

I see a lot of people carrying on about how horrible Metro PCS is. Well I work for a Metro PCS in Connecticut and am here to let everyone know about how things are SUPPOSED to work.

Related: Metropcs Unlimited Phone Plan Review

1)Return Policy: As long as the phone is UNDER 60 minutes TALK time and LESS than 7 days old with no water or physical damage you should receive all of your money back (for the phone and the plan) NO QUESTIONS ASKED. THERE IS NO RESTOCKING FEE. You can text and use data plan as much as you want but if you go over the 60 minutes talk time or bring the phone back after the 7 days it's yours. I found out recently that the day your purchase your phone is considered day one. So if you purchase on a Monday you have until Sunday to return it. METRO PCS DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO RETURN ACCESSORIES so I would make sure the service is adequate before purchasing.

2)Bill payment. The day you purchase your phone is considered your anniversary date. The bill will be due the day before you purchased your phone. For example if you buy the phone on 5/4/2011 your bill date will be 6/3/2011 and it will be due every 3rd thereafter. If you don't pay your bill on the 3rd it will go off at about 11 am (eastern standard). If you pay from 6/4-6/9 YOU STILL HAVE TO PAY YOUR BILL ON 7/3. HOWEVER if you come in on 6/10 you can do what is called a bill cycle reset. Basically you pay an additional $5 on top of whatever your bill is and (for the sake of argument) your next bill due date would be 7/10, giving you the full 30 days of service.

These are ALL things they should be telling you and if not I do apologize. I care a great deal about my customers' satisfaction and Metro PCS as well. If you have any other questions please leave your email down below and I will answer anything else you would like to know about Metro PCS. We need to have our name restored. And the only way to do that is by informing the public about these things. I wish you all the best and if you are ever in Connecticut and need service I am here and will do all I can (within reason) to make you happy.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Metropcs Phone Plan
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Metropcs?

Comments

If someone have a metro pcs prepaid..few of my friends call it went to voicemail.

Dose that meaning they have been blocked.

It's have been popping up voicemail 2 days now.Can you me know?

Wish you were in Hanover, PA

hope

Say that I haven't paid for over 30 days already, and I want to pay the service after 2 months, will I be able to keep my current phone number, or do I have to get a new one. I've read that if I haven't paid over 30 days, my phone number will be cancelled, does that mean the number is no longer mine?

hope
to hope #1306204

Please email me at kiwi.zean@gmail.com.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States #1303394

My bill is due today , but I won't have the money until tomorrow. Will my phone be shut off on Friday around 1:00pm ?

Irma

I am on my son's line, want to shut down the phone which is due 15th, do i still have to pay?

Why are they charging the customer 5 dollars to get a full thirty days it's a prepaid service you pay you get service everybody wins if you wait 10 days after the anniversary date than your next bi should be 10 days after

Renee

I paid 20 extra on my bill on accident. If I go to the metro PCs store will I be able to get the 20 back?

So if my bill is due on 2/23 and I can't pay it until the nest day. It won't cost more?

Renee