Metropcs - Should be Metro B&S

510 of 679 Metropcs reviews

Metro Bait & Switch is more like it!After being one of their original customers (back from 2004), I decided to get myself a 4G LTE phone when I saw it advertised for $49 In-store only.

I figured that I could afford that and give my husband my LG Optimus M+. When I drove to the St. Petersburg, Florida Corporate store on 22nd Avenue North, I had to wait 5 minutes (which is...in itself...a miracle compared to the normal 1 hour wait...of course it was at 10:30am), I walked up to the counter and stated that I wanted to get the LG Motion that was advertised for $49 on the website. The customer service rep stated that it was only for NEW customers and that the phone would cost me $168, PLUS a $15 upgrade fee, PLUS another $15 to transfer my phone to my husband's number.

REALLY? After all of the THOUSANDS of dollars that I have spent on continuous service and cellular phones for almost TEN YEARS, they want to charge me $198 (not including taxes) for a phone they are advertising for $49? BULLSH*T. I have contacted the MetroPCS Corporate office in Tampa, FL and had to leave a message for their "Customer Escalation Department".

I'm sorry, but their motto is "Wireless for All"...then why am I being singled out because I'm an existing customer? Also, after going back to their website and looking at the promotional offer, you have to click through to THREE SCREENS BEFORE you get to the terms and conditions that state "new activation only on a new line of service".

Seriously...how many people are going to take the time to click through 3 screens to see if they "qualify" for the promotion?NOT most normal people!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
510 of 679 Metropcs reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Metropcs. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Metropcs.
Filing a new complaint about
×