Metro Bait & Switch is more like it!After being one of their original customers (back from 2004), I decided to get myself a 4G LTE phone when I saw it advertised for $49 In-store only.
I figured that I could afford that and give my husband my LG Optimus M+. When I drove to the St. Petersburg, Florida Corporate store on 22nd Avenue North, I had to wait 5 minutes (which is...in itself...a miracle compared to the normal 1 hour wait...of course it was at 10:30am), I walked up to the counter and stated that I wanted to get the LG Motion that was advertised for $49 on the website. The customer service rep stated that it was only for NEW customers and that the phone would cost me $168, PLUS a $15 upgrade fee, PLUS another $15 to transfer my phone to my husband's number.
REALLY? After all of the THOUSANDS of dollars that I have spent on continuous service and cellular phones for almost TEN YEARS, they want to charge me $198 (not including taxes) for a phone they are advertising for $49? BULLSH*T. I have contacted the MetroPCS Corporate office in Tampa, FL and had to leave a message for their "Customer Escalation Department".
I'm sorry, but their motto is "Wireless for All"...then why am I being singled out because I'm an existing customer? Also, after going back to their website and looking at the promotional offer, you have to click through to THREE SCREENS BEFORE you get to the terms and conditions that state "new activation only on a new line of service".
Seriously...how many people are going to take the time to click through 3 screens to see if they "qualify" for the promotion?NOT most normal people!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 4G Phone Promotion Advertisment
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "On November my worst experience with Metropcs was about to start. I purchase a phone for my son it was an upgrade deal. The metro employee activated the new phone and it..."
- "I had ordered iPhone replacement parts from Quality Repair Parts in 3403 Oakland Park, FL on May 26th 2015. After reviewing the company website I was lead to believe that..."
- "All they had to do is install a DISH dish, disconnect the Directv dish and connect the cable to the new dish. Instead they drilled holes, ran cables, cut cables,..."
- "A few months ago I purchased Highster Mobile Cell Phone Spy software for 69 dollars. The site at http://highstermobile.com did not indicate anything about purchasing a monthly subscription so I..."
- "When my wife and I arrived at Villa del palmar, Edgar was there and ready to help up check in and find our room. The room was very clean and..."
- "For over a month and a half at my home in Charlotte, NC , USIC has been sitting in the parking area for hours, sometimes never getting out of trucks,..."