MetroPCS cust service number will never let you talk to anyone

691 of 702 Metropcs reviews

I have read many comments after my experience saying just say add service or new customer and it works every time. Well, it seems that MetroPCS is actively closing those loopholes. Their FAQ says you can talk to a Customer Service Rep 24 hours a day but that is a flat out lie. You can say 'Agent', 'New Customer', 'Add Line' or anything else and all you get now (as of 3/23/10) is the computer saying "Oh, you want to talk to an agent, I am sure I can help you better but if not I will transfer you to an agent" (this is paraphrased). Well that is another lie. You will NEVER get past this.

As I said, apparently some of the tricks of saying new customer and add a line used to work. They don't now and that shows that the automated system is being updated to block getting through intentionally. So now you can go to a MetroPCS retail store and wait in line 30 -45 minutes after driving 30 miles.

Thank God for competition and other carriers in my area with similar or better plans and rates.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 16 Yes 16 10 No 10
Had the same issue 13 Yes 13
691 of 702 Metropcs reviews

Jan 23 #1275436 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States

THE ONLY REAL WAY TO GET THOUGH TO THIS HAIR PULLING FIASCO, IS YOU HAVE TO ENTER SOMEONE ELSE'S PHONE NUMBER (FRIEND, FAMILY, BOYFRIEND, GIRLFRIEND) AND ONCE YOU DO, IT WILL ASK A HOST OF AGGRAVATING QUESTIONS, IN WHICH AT THAT POINT YOU WILL PRESS "0" (MAYBE 2-3TIMES)..... AND PRESTO!!! THERE IS SHIMMER AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL!!!!!!!!!

Jan 23 #1275439 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States

I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT YOU HAVE TO CALL THEM USING AN OUTSIDE LINE 888 863-8768.... AND ONCE YOU ARE CONNECTED IT WILL ASK IF YOU HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM, YOU SAY YES OR PRESS 1....AND THEN PROCEED BY ENTERING SOMEONE ELSE'S NUMBER.... I WISH THERE WAS ANOTHER WAY BUT AS OF NOW THERE JUST ISN'T

Oct 26, 2016 #1232164

This non working customer service also makes me want to switch Carriers

Dec 15, 2015 #1078857

Yes it has worst service.
i tried all numbers given below in this website, may be this can help.

4 0 Reply
john dishmon

Feb 06, 2015 #941770 Red Bluff, California, United States

my phone was stolen and they might off disabled the tracking on it please help me find it or is there a way to copy everything on it and put it on a new phone

mad need new phone

Sep 16, 2014 #870930

I have had this phone for about three months and I have been having trouble with this phone I have never hated a phone before but this phone is not good I wish I had not gotten it

2 0 Reply
Flannigan

Nov 02, 2013 #736818

Fot technical Support -- they have the absolute WORST customer service in the world. Could not talk to anyone. Had to call back three times and listen to all the recordings for 20 - 30 minutes each. Finally had to hang up because i DON"T have an hourt and a half to sit and wait for someone -- who is NOT EVEN THERE! Biggest waste of time. Worth it to go with a more expensive company (even a REALLY EXPENSIVE one) and get decent customer service. I honestly believe there is NO ONE ever there to answer your call. NEVER got to a real person. You are wasting your time if you even try. You actually have to go to a store and HOPE that they are not "too busy" with new customers to take the time to help you with the support you need. I did that. and the only girl in the stor could not help me! Can't believe they are still in business.

tonya

Mar 18, 2013 #624811 Utica, Michigan, United States

Ive been a metro pcs customer for along time i switched from Verizon and it was the worst thing i ever did... I had been haveing trouble with my servie n called to have.it fixed n it was only fixed for a lil bit and i talked to a guy namr ron n he promissed me a free month then switched and the new lady told me i couldnt get what i was primissed.. Now im pissed :( :( :( :( i paid 70 for two phines n neither of theñ work

Jackie

Nov 20, 2012 #571389

I paid my ***' phone bill, 50.00$$$ ***' for them to turn around and cut my *** off BC I didn't call and have my Billing cycle date changed wtf???? What the *** am I supposed to do??

:\

Oct 16, 2012 #556167

the metropcs customer service agents shout at customers :( :( :(

tiffanylush

May 25, 2012 #485680

i had a sprint once, and they activated it with no problem :) but never tried it with nokia :?

Antonio Carmna

Apr 05, 2012 #461283

I am metro pcs costumer from Orlando long time ago and I pay fully service to allow to call world wide unlimited, but when I was outside of state I can not conect to free 1888 863-8768 toll number also *611 and couple + free numbers for service assistance and really I was in trouble with my touch phone , I am very concern about that because my cell is my tool to keep comunicated and allow to protect my family.is really a disaster this ugly service.

1 0 Reply
straight talk inc

Mar 27, 2012 #456187

Metro pcs has screwed over many people. Screwed my buddy over and all I. Had to do was compare my straight talk android to his metro android and it was an obvious outcome. By the type his started loading an application...I had moved on to the next app. Slow slow slow. These days you need a phone company you can rely on. That's why I stick to straight talk.

james

Mar 12, 2012 #447748

i hate that i change to metropcs

warrior-woman

Mar 09, 2012 #445470

I have found that by replying to the automated voice that I "want to add more features", I am immediately connected to a living person, because Metro thinks you want to spend more money, and for that they are willing to allow you access to a human. Worked this morning, when I called to have the endless Metro PCS spam texts offering upgrades, free phones, sports tickets and who knows what else blocked.

Fatima

Jan 20, 2012 #413143

Hello can u guys put me Internacionl Txting Please

Wayne

Jan 20, 2012 #413029

A rousing course of "Uh eeh uh ah ah ting tang walla walla bing bang" works for me. Seems the computer gets confused and you get a human almost right away

1 0 Reply

1-20 of 49 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Metropcs. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Metropcs.
Filing a new complaint about
×