Employee refused to activate account under the special promo price unless he was given a bribe.He stated that he does not earn a commission otherwise Came into the store (2028 Badlands Dr #104, Brandon, FL 33511) as a new customer and wanted to get the special "unlimited everything" promo that also included a free phone.

The employee, Jimmy, set up the account at full price. When asked why the promo wasn't used instead, he threw his pen and calculator on the counter in anger and said there was such promo. I insisted, but he would not look it up. I asked instead to be placed on the cheaper plan.

After a few minutes, he said he sent my phone number back to my original carrier, and they needed to accept it, so that he could re-route it back to Metro PCS. He said it would take 2 business days to clear. Being that my daughter has allergies that are life threatening, I was nervous to not have a phone available. I asked why he couldn't just update the plan itself, since I still wanted to be a customer.

He said it was not their policy. I returned home and informed my husband. He called our old carrier, who confirmed that my account had to been ported over to Metro PCS and that there was no return pending. He then went into the Metro PCS store at 9840 S HWY 301 in Riverview (zip 33569).

He informed them of the situation, had Sprint on speaker phone so they could give confirmation as well. The Metro PCS employee called over to Jimmy at the Brandon location,to inquire what happened. Jimmy admitted that he never sent my account to Sprint. He simply cancelled the account.

So, I had an account with Metro PCS, but it was inactive. Jimmy refused to reactivate it and told the Riverview Metro PCS employee to "*** off." The Riverview Metro PCS employee told my husband there was nothing they could do, except create a new account under the higher plan, just as Jimmy did. My husband showed them print outs of the promotional offer, and the employee said that the offer did not give employees of Metro PCS a commissions. So, they don't like to honor them, and do a work-around like Jimmy had done.

Charge the customer more and see if they notice.He told my husband that if he were given a "commission" by my husband in cash form (basically a bribe), then the employee would reactive my account and give us the promotional rate.

Review about: Metropcs Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Metropcs?

Comments