Metropcs - The TRUTH about Metro PCS....

I see a lot of people carrying on about how horrible Metro PCS is. Well I work for a Metro PCS in Connecticut and am here to let everyone know about how things are SUPPOSED to work.

1)Return Policy: As long as the phone is UNDER 60 minutes TALK time and LESS than 7 days old with no water or physical damage you should receive all of your money back (for the phone and the plan) NO QUESTIONS ASKED. THERE IS NO RESTOCKING FEE. You can text and use data plan as much as you want but if you go over the 60 minutes talk time or bring the phone back after the 7 days it's yours. I found out recently that the day your purchase your phone is considered day one. So if you purchase on a Monday you have until Sunday to return it. METRO PCS DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO RETURN ACCESSORIES so I would make sure the service is adequate before purchasing.

2)Bill payment. The day you purchase your phone is considered your anniversary date. The bill will be due the day before you purchased your phone. For example if you buy the phone on 5/4/2011 your bill date will be 6/3/2011 and it will be due every 3rd thereafter. If you don't pay your bill on the 3rd it will go off at about 11 am (eastern standard). If you pay from 6/4-6/9 YOU STILL HAVE TO PAY YOUR BILL ON 7/3. HOWEVER if you come in on 6/10 you can do what is called a bill cycle reset. Basically you pay an additional $5 on top of whatever your bill is and (for the sake of argument) your next bill due date would be 7/10, giving you the full 30 days of service.

These are ALL things they should be telling you and if not I do apologize. I care a great deal about my customers' satisfaction and Metro PCS as well. If you have any other questions please leave your email down below and I will answer anything else you would like to know about Metro PCS. We need to have our name restored. And the only way to do that is by informing the public about these things. I wish you all the best and if you are ever in Connecticut and need service I am here and will do all I can (within reason) to make you happy.

More Review Details

Helpful? 86 Yes 86 185 No 185
Had the same issue 39 Yes 39
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 28 #1102486

Does unused data carry over to the next month? Also when I buy a data top off it disappears so fast but my data usage grid still says I have a lot left ( in the top off area)
It confuses me.

Jan 27 #1101604

Upgraded plan while on 30 dollar plan. Phone was turned off. Do I owe any difference in plan costs?

Wanda

Jan 14 #1094261 Detroit, Michigan

Can a bill be paid four days before the due date

Jan 12 #1093585

hoppeldaniel@gmail.com if it says my bill is due on the 14th does that mean I can pay it on the 14 without it getting shut off?

Jan 11 #1092623

My phone has been cut off since the 18 of December i was gone pay bill on the 18 of January usually my bill is $43 on January 11 i received a message saying i will have to pay $80 by January the 18 why has my payment went up . Email aaustin1526@gmail.com

Jan 12 #1093132 Morrisville, Vermont

You got that text because your bill is ~40 dollars. You pay 43, which sounds like you pay in person (with that dreaded 3 dollar fee to pay in person, easily dodged by paying online). The text you received on the 11th said that you owed 80 dollars because it's calculating for the month you didn't pay (December 18th - January 18th). Even though you didn't use December to January you still have to pay for it. Here's why:
MetroPCS is a no contract service that you pay as you go. While it is technically a pre-paid service, it is not traditional in the sense that it doesn't let you "buy minutes" whenever you want to. You pay per month, and if you don't pay then your service gets turned off. If you don't pay for ~30-60 days, then your account automatically cancels. One thing you could do is reset your billing cycle (which'll only be an extra 5 dollars) and only pay ~48 for your month, then have your billing cycle set to the day you pay. You'd also get a full month of service after you did that and wouldn't have to worry about paying again on the 18th.
We recommend that customers ask us about situations like these so we can give them the right recommendations and to clear confusion. Don't be afraid to talk to one of us!

Taylor

Jan 03 #1088232 South Bend, Indiana

Metro is not a good company. I have been through them for awhile now and there has been several times were i go in to pay my bill and the money never hit my account and was forced to repay. I have called and made complaints and am told the same thing everytime. "They can not validate that i even paid it"

1 0 Reply

Jan 12 #1093136 Morrisville, Vermont

Always make sure that you get a receipt for your payment. The receipt will have a transaction ID you can use to confirm that your bill is being paid to your account. When you call Customer Service they can't check the Sales Transaction Summaries of another store, they can only check your account to see if it has a "due immediately" amount or not. From that point, it's purely conjecture. "Maybe it didn't go through," "They can't validate you paid," etc. If you go to the store you paid your bill at and give them the date you paid your bill and your name they should be able to pull up the receipt and print you a copy.

cathy

Jan 03 #1087999 Massachusetts, United States

I am on family plan. What happens if the other person doesn't pay her share of the bill?

Jan 05 #1089186 Morrisville, Vermont

The whole plan shuts down. MetroPCS formats our bills like this: We have several lines on the account, and they all are checked for what plan they're on. On the billing cycle, we charge them for that/those plan(s). If they do not pay, the account gets put into a suspended state - they then have a month to pay that bill until the account gets closed.
Keep in mind: Once the account is suspended the customer can then have any dealer at any MetroPCS reset their billing cycle to the day that they're paying for only ~5 dollars. If you're a few weeks late, it might be worth it. If you have a fixed income it really helps you out. You can also change your billing cycle at any time by calling our Customer Service.
--If someone you're on account with is not paying their share of the bill, it might be best to call customer service and have them put you on your own account. It's not worth $5 just to have someone skip out on their fair share!

Jay

Dec 26, 2015 #1084205

I have no issues at all so I don't know what everyone else is talking about?everything is good here satisfied customer! Hoping it stays that way

4 1 Reply

Dec 26, 2015 #1083960

Well I guess I will be taking metro to court. Cause my phone don't work keeps dropping calls gotta sit in my window seal to get reception. So how can I get my money back and get another phone? This phone not even two weeks old n it's giving me problems the 60 min talk time shouldn't apply to me since I spent more than half that time calling your ignorant behind. A new phone

0 1 Reply
Taylor

Jan 03 #1088244 South Bend, Indiana

Im with you. The stores have pocketed my money a few dif times and force me to pay again. They refuse to reveiw cams. They are by far worst carrier around. And i thought verfin mobile was the worst....

Jan 12 #1093149 Morrisville, Vermont

If you have no reception I do wonder how you ever managed to call anyone for over an hour... but, at any rate, here's what we can do:
If it turns out you're supposed to be getting service in your area and, for whatever reason, you're not getting it, it might be a problem with the phone's receiver (courtesy of the manufacturer, that one). This isn't the end for you, though. MetroPCS always makes sure we get a year's warranty on our phones that we sell in case of manufacturing errors like this. So what can you do?
Take the phone to the MetroPCS store you bought it at. Have them do double checks to make sure you're supposed to get service at your home - if you are supposed to, then ask to talk to the manager about XBM (eXchange By Mail). From there, the manager will be able to order you a new phone from the manufacturer (Samsung, LG, HTC, ZTE, etc.). The new phone will come in - they'll then call you (you can choose which number you want to give them too) and have you bring in your old phone. From here, they replace the old phone with the new one. Don't worry, they should be able to transfer everything over just fine. Few things to keep in mind:
- 1) If it's been more than 30 days, you won't have to pay anything but the 15$ phone change service charge when they put your new phone on. 2) You have a whole YEAR to do this. Use it wisely, use it well. 3) You get to keep your phone until the new one comes in. You don't give them the old phone until after they set
... Show more

Dec 18, 2015 #1080565

Do I get me data on my "anniversary date" or the day I pay it?

Jan 05 #1089189 Morrisville, Vermont

The anniversary day at 11AM EST, that's when the phone's next billing cycle begins - you get all of your 4G/LTE back on that time.

Dec 10, 2015 #1076612

I paid my bill on December 4th, 2015 and my anniversary date is the 8th of each months.They turned it off anyway, so now I am supposed to pay ANOTHER bill on top of the one paid on the 4th.Here is the thing:
They leave you with no way to contact them (how can you call anyone when the phone is out?).
I find that dealing with this has put me over the edge, so I am dumping them before this month is over.
WAY TO HOLD ONTO CUSTOMERS!

Jan 03 #1087857

You can still dial 611 and reach customer service unless your phone has been off for over 30 days.

1 0 Reply

Jan 05 #1089192 Morrisville, Vermont

I *always* give customers who pay ahead of time a receipt. If something like this ever happens, you can go back to the store and talk to the rep. If the rep doesn't remember your transaction or wasn't the one who completed it, you can show him the receipt for him to look up - from there, he can contact dealer support. Sometimes our bill payment system screws up, it happens. It's not common, but it happens. Would happen anywhere, really - but as soon as they see that they should be able to help you.
If you paid online you should get emailed the receipt, so you can just call Customer Service and talk to them with the transaction ID from that. They should be able to look it up in their systems!

Dec 06, 2015 #1074769

Can anyone tell me if I don't pay my monthly phone bill and my phones is turned off, how much would I have to pay to get my phone back on?

1-20 of 130 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Metropcs. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Metropcs.
Filing a new complaint about
×